Wednesday, April 21, 2010

After Work Run To Glen Island 4.31 mil (39:52 min)

I can describe this run in one single word. "AWESOME" Compared to all last week and Monday's run including my 5k at JFK, today was just great.. My pace could have been a lot better if I didn't have to take 2-3 quick walk due to dogs in the park. Oh and one cold stop due to my right calf getting extremely tight... (not sure why it's doing it) this is the the 3 run that I had that problem but today was something small. Nevertheless, this run is just what I needed to remind me that there is till some force in this old fart. LOL

Today I changed the last half of mile 3. Instead of running on old hilly slanted road, I made a right on Shore Road and went left on the next street. I forgot the name. LOL, you still get the same freaking hill but on a much nicer, smoother road. I actually think that the hill is a bit longer than the original but at least I didn't have to deal with the slanted road.

I was able to pull a pace of 7+ at some points specially towards the end of the run.. My ankle did very little complaining today and it was only towards the beginning of the run, after that, I guess it got tired of whining and shut the hell up. I guess it paid off to go to sleep fairly early last night, because even though the run was at the end of a hectic day, I felt pretty fresh.

Tomorrow I will attempt to go run home which will give me a 6-7 mile run. Not planning to rush it or go too fast. just cruise and enjoy and get there in one piece.. I don't want to drag it either, but I want to land in the 9+min pace if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment