Tuesday, March 30, 2010

First Attempt To Run 2 mil (17:49 min)

It has been almost 2 weeks since I last ran. I hurt my shin and still have not been able to over come it. Today, I decided to do a small test to see how the shin will hold.. I walked for a bout 10 min to give the legs plenty of warmup. I resumed my run at 8:57 pace, which is my normal pace. The shin began to bother me in the first few minutes of the run, but seemed to completely warmed up right after the first half mile.  I have not been able to run in 2 weeks, and it showed. I was exhausted by the time I got to 1.5 miles.. I wanted to stop, but missing .50 to complete a full 2 miles just seemed so close.. So close and yet so far. I was thinking to complete a 3 miler, but just could not get it in my head and make it work.

The run went ok. Can't really say it was a failure or an achievement. I was able to finish 2 miles.. :-) tomorrow is another day and hopefully will have enough time to run.. It has been a very hectic day today and hope it will not be the same tomorrow.

If my ankle and shin hold ok and day allows me to run, I will do so tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment